Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 7 Jul 1987 16:20 SET
> Hi Eric,
> another question: If I order a NOTEBOOK FILELIST from LISTSERV via GET,
> I receive it with a strange date (03/18/87). Neither the NOTEBOOK FILELIST
> file on LISTSERV's 191 nor one of the notebooks inside the created list
> has that date, nor does it correspond to any other date of a LISTSERV file.
> Is it just a dummy date or what else?
>
> Happy EARNing...Udo Meyer, EARN Coordinator Germany

By definition, a FILELIST is sent with the date under which it appears in
the filelist that defines it. In this case, the date corresponds to the date
in the entry for NOTEBOOK FILELIST in LISTSERV FILELIST. This is normally the
same as the date of the filelist on LISTSERV 191, but for NOTEBOOK filelist
and for 'ghost' filelists (eg LCOORD-L FILELIST) it is a special case: the
file 'NOTEBOOK FILELIST' contains only the header on the filelist and is never
updated. 'LCOORD-L FILELIST' does not even exist on my server. To trigger the
AFD/FUI mechanism, the filelist entry's date is set to 'current date' whenever
one of the notebooks described in it are updated. So the date of NOTEBOOK
FILELIST is that of the last time a piece of mail was logged into a notebook.

  Eric