Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:32:27 -0400
You have to be either the LISTSERV site administrator, or administrator of DNS and email facilities for the site.

If you are the LISTSERV site administrator, and your site is using LISTSERV 15.5, and has SMTPL as the incoming mail handler, you could implement the SMTPL Spam Exit and in your script generate a new message containing a copy of each item that arrives.  Not exactly "hello world" trivial, but not very complicated either.  Be aware that not ALL mail coming into a LISTSERV site necessarily is stuff you really care about - if the site is registered and runs in Networked mode it gets mail from other LISTSERV sites that is only for internal purposes and would just waste your time and disk space to save/copy/forward.

If you are administrator of the DNS and email facilities, you could point the MX record for the LISTSERV to another SMTP server and do forwarding stuff there before handing the items over to LISTSERV.  Details are left as an exercise for the reader, since it all depends on which particular SMTP server you have available, and a person who has access to these facilities should already understand the methods.

You should also make certain the company lawyers are fully involved prior to implementation of any such strategy.

>>> Josh <[log in to unmask]> 08/19/09 9:32 AM >>>
We have a listserv setup where I work.  If I wanted to forward ALL email that comes INTO the listserv from the outside world to another internal mail server, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance.