Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:26:03 CST
On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:05:49 -0500 Alan Jen Sondheim said:
>If these individuals were targets of mailbombs, why should they be
>removed? Or do you mean they were perpetrators?

They were the targets.  The method of mail bombing was to fake a
subscribption to every list possible with their address.
These people were not the perpitrators, so no action should be taken
against them.

>Second, what sort of mailbomb? Do you mean spamming? For a long time now,
>email has been secure against ascii-bombing, as far as I know.

That's not what happended here, but still I ask:  Really?  I see the
other type fairly frequently....