"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 7 Mar 89 15:16:29 GMT
>However, the EARN BoD - volunteer  war will probably prevent Eric, Jose Maria
>and other Listserv experts  to be able to devote much time  or effort in this
>matter.

Jose-Maria would probably  not be allowed to  say this in public,  now that he
has  signed this  contract forcing  him  to shut  up his  loud mouth  (thereby
completely solving any and all possible underlying problems), but the contract
in question doesn't prevent *me* from speaking  about things he had told me in
private (that was before the contract got  signed in fact). As you may already
know, Jose-Maria will leave  GMD around the 1st of april  (that's not an april
joke). His plans are to take some well-deserved vacations after that, and then
to move to a country "where there are so little phone lines that there doesn't
even exist  the remotest  possibility of  an EARN node".  The reasons  for his
desire to  put as much  space as possible between  himself and EARN  should be
obvious enough. The net result is  that Jose-Maria will not participate in any
type of  volunteer effort in  the future. I  have, I think,  already indicated
that any volunteer effort I have done since the Israel EARNTECH meeting or may
do in the future will not be available to EARN.

  Eric

"O, that this too too solid flesh would melt,
 Thaw, and resolve itself into a dew;
 Or that the Everlasting had not fixed
 His canon against self-slaughter! O God! O God!
 How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable,
 Seem to me all the uses of this world!
 Fie on it! O fie!"

(Hamlet, act I, somewhere around scene 2 if I remember correctly)