John Traweek <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:24:27 -0500
I currently run 5 threads for hotmail, we send out a fair amount of mail (~
1 million / week).  I don't see the queue building for hotmail being a
problem.  The problem is they are reporting 554, so at that point LSMTP
bounces the message instead of retrying.  I have had previous problems with
them putting email into people's junk folders, so I instructed users to add
the list address to their E-Mail Lists Area under preferences and this would
solve the problem.  I wonder if they are now filtering this at the SMTP
protocol level?

John Traweek
Senior Account Director
Publishing Concepts, LP