"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:35:18 EST
* ERRORS-TO=
* NOTIFY=

both can have direct (explicit) addresses, as opposed to indirect ones
e.g., OWNER.

It could also be a private list address of owners.

Since many of LISTSERV's administrative messages have a Subject:
line prefixed by its own listname e.g.,

Subject: LSTSRV-L: ERROR REPORT FROM xxxx@zzzzz
Subject: LSTSRV-L: xxxx@zzzzz LEFT THE LIST

your private list (of listowners) could very well make use of
the * TOPICS= feature so that they could (not) receive via that
feature various Notifies or Bounces.

So by use of the command (assuming a properly defined list)
the subscriber/owner could issue

SET listownerlist TOPICS: ALL

to receive all postings, or

SET listownerlist TOPICS: ALL -listownerlist

to NOT receive the distributions via notify/errors-to.
but receive all other distributions to the list of owners.

I've yet to try my own advice viz-a-viz using an ownerlist/topic
but I have used other email addresses for ERRORS-TO= and NOTIFY=.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]          "Kids: don't e-mail to strangers!"