Paul Wayper <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:05:22 +1000
> When adding a bunch of subscribers with a batch job, what exactly does
> "import" do? (versus not using import?)  I thought I had seen this on the
> webpage, but I can't seem to find it again...

"Import" forces LISTSERV to only give a summary of the operations.  Without
this LISTSERV will give you subscription results for each person in the
batch.  Sometimes this is useful, but most of the time it's just needless
detail.

I think Import also forces Quiet, but I'm not entirely sure since I think
I did a bulk add without Import and it was Quiet to the subscribers.

Enjoy,

Paul