Bernie A Fuggle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:02:44 -0600
I agree, an LDAP interface would be most useful. I'm implementing a user
interface (don't ask why ) to listserv where all of the listserv
options/data/listnames are being stored in  an ldap directory. The user
interface retreives the data from the ldap directory and displays it to
the user. The user changes their options/subscribes/unsubscribes from
the interface and the data is reflected back into the ldap directory,
and the rdbms. It's a real pain to have to keep this data in multiple
places, but the ldap directory contains required  data that has no
business being in the listserv rdbms, and is necessary for the
interface.
An LDAP interface should be considered.