Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:27:34 -0500
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:54:26 PST, Randy Klumph said:
> My Listserv SMTP log is showing the following error for one of my lists
> with 169 subscribers
>
> 552 5.5.3 Too many recipients

Is that error being tossed when *your* SMTP accepts mail from Listserv, or
is it a report of some *other* site not wanting the recipients (for instance,
if out of the 169 subscribers, 23 have their mail service at tinypipe.com,
which won't accept more than 20 per transactio?)

(Yes, I know tinypipe just doubled their bandwidth requirements, because
now a second transaction would be needed.  It's amazing how many different
ways people find to make things less efficient for themselves ;)