Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:30:51 -0600
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:42:50 +0200, Jorge Riobello Ruiz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        In the newsletter from Lsof, there is a commnet about AV Station. I
>have listserv 1.8e over Solaris 8, then can't install F-Secure AV in this
>machine. But, Lsof say that AV Station can installed in other machine and
>comunicate with Listserv.

Correct.  Since F-Secure is not available for Solaris, you install a
special AVS copy of LISTSERV on a platform for which F-Secure is available
(Windows or Linux).  Then you connect the 2 LISTSERV instances in a special
way so that all mail to your regular LISTSERV instance is sent to the AVS
for anti-virus checking.  If it passes w/o a virus, then it comes back to
your regular LISTSERV server for distribution to your normal lists.  Only
List mail (and DISTRIBUTE Jobs, if specially configured) are processed by
AVS.  Normal LISTSERV commands are not sent to the AVS, but are processed
directly.

>Is it free?

Contact your L-Soft Sales Representative.

USA:  [log in to unmask]
EU and Asia/Pacific: [log in to unmask]
UK (only):   [log in to unmask]

>Where is the install program?

Normal installation program for the Platform you want to use for the AVS
(e.g. LISTSERV for Windows) from our FTP site.

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/listserv-avs-install.pdf

>Can i use other AV Software in other machine (example, MCafee)?

No.  Only F-Secure is supported by L-Soft.