Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:54:09 -0600
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:04:43 -0400, Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What I was really thinking about was more basic, technologically - in other words, would some automated scan/search tool be able to access the notebook content without specifically managing to make itself a subscriber to the list?

It the list message archives are Public, then no such machinations are
necessary.  If they are Private  (i.e. in the List Header you have
 * Notebook= Yes,....,....,Private

then the archives are accessible only to current List Subscribers and Server
Adminstrators, each of whom must login with their address-as-subscribed and
their LISTSERV Personal password.  All such accesses (including the originating
IP address) are logged in the LISTSERV-YYYYMMDD.LOG file.  The archives are not
accessible to any others.

>Like strangely constructed URLs or odd parameters thrown at WA in peculiar ways?

No, unless the entire server has been compromised by other means, in which case
nothing is safe, and anything is liable to exposure.