Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:52:59 -0500
Is the list or moderator getting spammed?  [I think it is just the moderator.]

There are a number of answers to you question.

For one of my lists, I prefer

SEND= PRIVATE
DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST

(you might update your list template).

Authorized posters must be subscribed and manually set to POST or
REVIEW.  REVIEW would force a confirmation dialog for the post.

/Pete

At 14:26 01/15/2004 Thursday, Ilya Pritsker wrote:
>Hello!  I am trying to figure out how to prevent a moderated broadcast
>list from getting spammed.  The Send header is set to:
>
>Send=Editor,Hold
>
>And the Default-Options are set to :
>
>Default-Options=REVIEW, REPro, SUBJecthdr
>
>According to the Listserv Manual the "REVIEW" option, should make
>listserv reject mails from senders who are not subscribed to the list.
>This doesn't seem to work for me.  Are there any other options that I
>am omitting, or is my current config incorrect?
>

>Thanks you
End Reply