Glenn Vanderburg <X230GV@TAMVM1>
Mon, 4 Apr 88 13:08:05 CDT
I have a strong feeling that I'm missing something obvious, but I've got
to ask this question anyway.

I have a filelist which is going to be very dynamic, and I would like to
distribute some of the burden for maintaining it, and there are two
volunteers who are willing to help, but I'm not sure how they can.
If the maintenance merely involved updating files which were already
in the filelist, that would be easy, but the maintenance is going to
involve frequent additions of brand new files.  A further complication is
that I cannot let LISTSERV just assign the "generic" names for new files,
because the files will be on shared minidisks, so the FILEID file must
contain the real filenames and filemodes.  Therefore, the FILEID file must
be updated by hand.

How is it possible for someone to update a FILEID file without having
the LISTSERV store password or some other unusual privileges?  Please
embarrass me by telling me it's easy.  :)

Regards,
Glenn Vanderburg