"Rainer M. Woitok" <MAINT@DERRZE1>
Mon, 11 Apr 88 08:36:17 CES
>Nice ideas, Rainer.
>Maybe that following the strategy you mentioned there will be solution
>to Hanks and my question which is still unanswered and which I repeat:
>
>Hank <HANK@BARILVM> asked:
>
>>Is there some Listserv command that I can issue that will fan out to all
>>the Listservs and inform me to what lists I am subscribed to?  Suppose
>>I am going away on sabbatical and wish to cancel all the lists I am on.
>>How can I be sure I have caught all of them?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Hank

Since in  my proposal this  information is  kept in "your"  LISTSERV you
could aks  it this question.  But for  the original problem  (being away
temporarily,  e.g. hollidays,  sabbatical etc)  there would  be an  even
more elegant solution:  Each LISTSERV could maintain some  sort of "lock
list" on  which you may  be put on your  demand. This would  prevent the
LISTSERVer from distributing  information to you. Being  back again, you
would  have LISTSERV  remove you  from this  "lock list"  and everything
would be as before.

Generally,  I think  keeping information  as locally  as possible  would
have a lot of merits, we aren't even aware of now.

Rainer

| Rainer M. Woitok                 | Phone  : (+49 9131) 85-7811,-7031 |
| Regionales Rechenzentrum         | Bitnet : [log in to unmask]     |
| Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet |                                   |
| D-8520 Erlangen                  |                                   |
| West Germany                     |                                   |