Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:27:23 -0600
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:42:13 -0600, Georgi Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am running listserv 16. Just recently I started receiving double
>unsubscribe emails. So the same email twice from the person unsubscribing.
>What would cause this to start happening?

I assume you mean the ACK email from LISTSERV telling you (as ListOwner) that
some person has unsubscribed.  First, check the LISTSERV log file to see if
LISTSERV is actually sending out the double acknowledgements.  (This is highly
unlikely because the first unsub should succeed and the second attempt would
then result in an error and produce a different message.)

Next verify that there isn't something 'tricky' about your email program that
shows a new message 'twice'. (Expand the email headers and check the
one message, not 2.  This is fairly likely.)

Next (or if the message-ID's are different) you'll need to look at your mail
server logs to see what's going on and why LISTSERV's one email gets
duplicated.  Refer to FAQ on duplicate emails for more ideas on this:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#_Toc196887298