Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:09:49 -0500
At 09:32 AM 1/28/2007 -0800, Stephen C. Nill wrote:
>However, I'm not seeing how, if at all, the list maintainer can issue an email command to change a user's password. Is it possible? If so, what is the syntax?

Are you talking about the list owner or the site manager?

List owners as such cannot manage other users' passwords.

A site manager (postmaster) can do this with the PWC ADD and PWC DEL commands (there is no PWC CHANGE command).  Documented in 6.3 of the site manager's manual, and near the end of the refcard as well, but

PWC DEL userid@host
PWC ADD userid@host newpassword

You can prepend QUIET to PWC if you don't want a notification sent to the user.

Nathan