Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:22:36 -0500
At 07:33 PM 2/11/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>At 18:58 2/11/2005 Friday, Stan Horwitz wrote:
> >Any of the popular HTML aware email clients should be fine. Examples are
> >Eudora, Netscape, or even Outlook. I suspect the subscriber in question
> >has inappropriate subscription options associated with his account on your
> >list.The subscriber might try "MIME HTML"
>
>Maybe an older version of LISTSERV which has a problem with bottom_banner
>templates (which in DIGEST mode may appear at the top of the digest) and MIME ?

Also:

- Only the latest version of Outlook (from what I have been told) is
actually HTML-digest-capable.  This was a long-running problem that MS seem
to have finally done something about.  (I don't have this version so all I
can do is pass along what I've been told about it, so don't shoot me if it
doesn't work for you :)  The one client that has always handled HTML
digests properly is Pegasus.

- The HTML setting implies MIME.  There should be no need to explicitly
"SET listname MIME HTML"; just "SET listname HTML" should do the trick.

Nathan