Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:21:27 -0400
On: Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:34:07AM -0600,Ben Parker Wrote:

} I'm not aware of any RFC that defines this spec.  But historically, the actual
} spec is EOL+dash+dash+space+EOL.  i.e. no leading space, but a following one.
} Many implementations accept EOL+dash+dash+EOL as equivalent.

Ben is correct in the definition.  Ben, if not an RFC, have you any idea
where it is defined?

} has been discussed on this list before.  The only certain way to preserve
} trailing blanks in a message is MIME Quoted-Printable encoding, which causes
} all those =20 characters that everyone complains about.

Yes, please spare us from those.  :-)

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67