Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 08:21:15 -0500
I tried sending the same message twice to the GAMES LIST.  To even be
'sneakier' I sent one via a direct route, i.e. [log in to unmask]
and the other via [log in to unmask] so that they would
be separated.

Listserv discovered this.  Does it use CRC or the Message Digest Algorithm
or something else?  And how long does it hold a message identifier for?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 12:32:33 -0600
From: Revised List Processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Rejected posting to GAMES-L@UTARLVM1

Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it seems to have been
already sent to the  GAMES-L list. That is, a message  with identical body (but
possibly different headers) has been posted to the list recently, either by you
or by  someone else. If you  have a good reason  to resend this message  to the
list (for instance because half of the outbound spool files were lost in a disk
crash at  some intermediate node),  please alter the  message text in  some way
before resending  it. Note that  altering the  "Subject:" line or  adding blank
lines at the top or bottom of the message is not sufficient; you should instead
add a line  at the top explaining  why you are re-sending the  message, for the
benefit of the list membership.