June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Tue, 18 Jul 89 19:52:42 PDT
REPLY TO 07/18/89 17:34 FROM [log in to unmask] "Revised LISTSERV forum":
Re: problems with AFD on LISTSERV@BITNIC

>I checked on some of the files you mention:

>LISTSERV GROUPS

>How do you know there is a newer one?  Mine came at the same time as
>yours and corresponds to the date in NETINFO FILELIST.  I requested
>a copy from LISTSERV@BITNIC and got what I already had.

I confess I just assumed it when several people told me about the
existance of PL1-L and one of them told me I xould get more info by
requesting a copy of LISTSERV GROUPS. (This was inresponse to
something I'd posted about a PL/I problem on LIAISON.)

>I have not received BITNEWS for some time either.  I was assuming that
>none had been sent.  Is that wrong?

>Roger

I haven't pulled the archive since early May so I'm not sure either
if there has been anything new but I'd be willing to bet there has
been.  At the time I last pulled it there were several items,
including the ones about all the staff changes at BITNIC, that we
had never received here.  SLACVM is also not getting BITNEWS and
there were some reports that at least some people at Cornell were
also not getting it so it doesn't appear to be a strictly geographic
problem.  The only thing I could guess is that somehow the large
size of that list caused it to break after sending stuff to only
part of the list (STANFORD and SLACVM both being toward the end),
but if Cornell isn't getting things either that theory wouldn't
appear to hold up either as I believe all their nodes start with C.

/June

To:  [log in to unmask]