Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:33:59 -0500
On 17 Feb 2006, at 14:11, Bill Verity wrote:

>Would anyone recommend an Auto-Delete setting that might work well
>for our site that is frequently blacklisted by Spamcop?  A lot of
>users are getting deleted from lists because their sites use the
>Spamcop "service."

"Working well" in my book would just mean dropping the error count
so that *more* users got deleted.  Get rid of all of 'em and make it
clear to them that they can't have reliable mail and spamcop.  The
two are mutually exclusive.  Seriously.  In my experience the users
and their ISP's can grasp what's going on ("we got listed for 'back-
scatter' see... not spam...") and will react by getting better ISP's
at the subscriber level or by whitelisting your site at the ISP
level.  I understand your question and I understand company politics,
but SpamCop is a moving target, that is, they sit around dreaming up
brand new ways to ream you... the cure that works today will fail
tomorrow.

                                 -Kary