Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:27:44 -0500
Pete Weiss wrote:
> At 17:58 11/18/2004 Thursday, Paul Russell wrote:
>
>> That is the only way to do it. LISTSERV does not provide a mechanism to
>> specify site-wide list configuration settings that apply to all lists.
>> If you do not like L-Soft's default settings, you must explicitly specify
>> the desired settings in each and every list.
>
> Though not site-wide, is the concept of a list-definition directive of
>
> .IK filename
>
> totally obsolete?  Hmm, I did a google search of the www.lsoft.com site
> for ".ik" and found references:
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-2003a.html
>
> I then found six references in the 228-page PDF (all on page 43):
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.pdf
>
> rePete tired ;-)

I learn something new almost every day, and today it was 1about the .IK
command. I think we can put this to good use. Thanks, Pete!

Question for the experts: If conflicting keyword statements appear in a
given list configuration and in the included file, which statement
determines the actual list configuration?

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator