Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Feb 1991 09:34:48 EST
  Unfortunately, here at Temple, cms accounts are managed and listserv
functions are handled by two different departments. I handle the listserv
postmaster responsibilities.  What happened is that about 130 accounts were
either put on hold or shut down completely here.  Of course, most of these
accounts were subscribed to listserv lists. I would like to unsubscribe them
all from all listserv lists quickly. I tried using my postmaster account to do
TELL LISTSERV FOR acct UNSUB * (NETWIDE and got a message from listserv that
the account does not exist.  Yes I know it does not exist.  How can I get
around this, short of reopening 100+ accounts, unsubscribing them, then
closing them again?  How do other sites handle unsubscribing accounts that
are about to be closed? Is there a way of automating this?  I know that if
I had to add extra work to the account closing process, our accounts manager
would complain vehemently to my director that its not his job.