Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 May 1993 09:19:16 EDT
On Wed, 19 May 1993 08:27:38 -0500 Vincent DelGobbo said:
>I have been trying to get a list of all available lists for several
>days now without success.

Well, as to why you've had no success: for the past couple of days our listserv
keeps getting mail returned from unx.sas.com with the following messages:

  554 <[log in to unmask]>... Message is too large; 262144 bytes max
  554 <[log in to unmask]>... Service unavailable

Keep in mind that a list of all lists is a rather large file.  You can narrow
your search by specifying a keyword on the LIST GLOBAL command (for example
LIST GLOBAL /SAS
will list only those lists with SAS somewhere in the name or title line.

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center