Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Wed, 15 Feb 89 17:41:37 MEZ
>Alternatively,  perhaps a  "shortcut" method  to subscribe  my server  to the
>"full" distribution of control files will  be good enuf. Say, some command to
>a backbone server which will tell it  to distribute the control files it gets
>to my server too (a special AFD, I guess).

The problem I see with this approach  is the following: the PUT FACs for files
in CONTROL FILELIST  would not allow another  server to store the  files -- so
you should modify these manually, and remember  to do so for every new version
(since new versions often contain new copies of the standard filelists).

>But it is mandatory that such command be generic, so that if tomorrow there's
>a new  type of control file  that's distributed to backbones,  my server will
>get it too, automatically.

That I do not see any way of  doing it automatically without an AI program :-)
You don't need everything in CONTROL  filelist (for example BITEARN DISTSUM is
generated locally,  while you  need PEERS NAMES).  If a new  file is  added to
CONTROL, you can't know in advance whether  you'll need it or not. I guess the
only reasonable  way to do it  is manually, i.e.  *you* AFD to the  files, and
then PUTALL NODIST all of them at your convenience.

>Doron

  Jose Maria