Eva Kalman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:35:20 -0500
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:06:41 -0700, Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>MS "rich text" add-on stuff to pass safely through LISTSERV.  However,
there may
>still be MS proprietary extensions that don't work correctly.

Great, thanks!  Seems to have fixed the problem for my test list...
not sure I'll go site wide with it yet.

>>The question I still have is what is Exchange doing?
>
>At L-Soft, we do not run Exchange internally and we do not claim to be
experts
>in the internal workings of Exchange, so we are unable to answer this.
Perhaps
>others with more experience can do so (or perhaps there are other user
support
>fora specific to Exchange that could help better than here.)

Yes, I was hoping someone on this mailing list might know.

One question for L-Soft though:  in the List Owner's Manual at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#keyLanguage
it states that:
 Note that this affects "application/ms-tnef" attachments only--
 LISTSERV does not currently strip WINMAIL.DAT attachments.

This confuses me, because I thought you said the WINMAIL.DAT file *was*
an application/ms-tnef attachment?   But if it's not, and it's where
the Return-Receipt info that Exchange needs resides, and it's not getting
stripped by default, then I would have expected receipts to work without
having to set the list to Language= Exchange.

Thanks,
Eva