"Michael L. Wyland" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:24:50 -0500
Mark:

I'll admit freely that I don't have enough information to answer your
questions about SMTP vs. LSMTP and how NAV 2000 works procedurally.  NAV
2000 has identified one virus-laden e-mail file in the SMTP/LSMTP system
since July 1, 2000, and that file was stopped from distribution.

As for performance, we only move about 1 - 1.5 million messages a month,
usually in batches of a few hundred to a few thousand at a time.  So,
performance isn't really an issue for us; messages are processed quickly
and the mail server is idle most of the time.

M I C H A E L   L.   W Y L A N D
Chief Operating Officer
CharityChannel.com
CharityChannel LLC