Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:26:54 -0500
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Margaret J. Brandt wrote:
> Someone would like to be able to query my list for email addresses in
> specific countries.  The list has only one person as the owner and
> editor.  Is there a way to give him the ability to query the list
> without giving him the authority to post?

Sure. If your list's header have "Review= Private" coded into it, then
anyone who is subscribed to your list can see the list's non-concealed
subscriptibers. To get a list of subscribers by country, just send the
command "review by country" to your Listserv.

Unfortunately, the results will be misleading since there really is no
sure fire way for Listserv to determine the country of any particular
subcriber. For example, someone subscribed under the address "[log in to unmask]"
could be almost anywhere in the world.