Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:53:55 -0500
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Bernal, Victoria wrote:

> What other ways can I check for the problem?

When ever someone tells me that they are not getting my post, and my post
appears in the web archive for the list, I check the following:

1. Bounces for the list
2. Listserv's log to see if it was sent to the subscriber
3. the syslog to see if it left the machine that listserv is running on.

If I can see from the syslog that it was "sent' -- then I have to assume
that the problem is on the other end.

That would seem a bit odd for 1,700 subscribers.  Are they all over the
map or are most of them from the same domain?  Are you able to track at
least one e-mail address that was not received, but left the machine that
your server runs on?

--Trish

Trish Forrest, Queen's University