Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:29:18 +0100
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:07:30 -0500 Paul Graham <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>are those numbers valid?

I doubt it.  The numbers claim that  26 days' worth of  data are missing,
but somehow  I don't think  this is  the case. I  think this is  the full
month  and  it  just  claims  26 days  are  missing  from  the  counters,
presumably due to having booted the  system with the wrong date. When you
reboot with the correct date, you  need to either reset the statistics or
adjust them manually, LISTSERV can't do this automatically because it has
no idea what happened and which of the dates is the real one. Anyway, the
numbers are then  extrapolated based on 5 days of  uptime and the results
are inflated.

  Eric