John Debruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 23:05:11 -0600
Hi, I am the owner of several lists for which "reconfirm" was in
advertently invoked by a substitution of a header that included
that keyword.  The users of these list are not typically adept
with email much less list server commands or following instructions
regarding such things.

The reconfirm keyword has been eliminated will the 250 or so subscribers
who got the reconfirm request still be deleted when the appointed day for
their deletion arrives.

If that is the case is can anything be done before that day arrives or
must one wait until the axe falls and then resubscribe.  I save the
message with the list issued on the day the change was made.  I was
able to get the header fixed within a couple of hours of the reconfirm
message going out.

Your help will be most appreciated,

John

John DeBruyn, Denver, Colorado, The Mile High City, USA     ([log in to unmask])