Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <POSTMASTER@RUTVM1>
Fri, 10 Jun 88 12:55:47 LCL
I have received 4 mail rejects (student IDs deleted) from PMDF mailers
today only and we aren't exactly the list-host capital of the world
here.  The annoying part is receiving a message from PMDF to the effect
of:

    No such user <real-id> at <who-knows-where>

Now, the "<who-knows-where>" may or may not match the "To:" line in the
mail body when you look there.  I will usually try:

(1) QUIET DEL * real-id@who-knows-where; usually getting no result.
(2) QUIET DEL * real-id@node-in-To     ; usually no result either.
(3) QUIET DEL * real-id@Cluster-name   ; usually no result again.

The case in point today was a user on UBVMS*; relevant tries were:
* PMDF said UBVMSC, which matched the "To:" line (surprise!) but that
  didn't work,
* Cluster name UBVMS didn't work either.

The only "apparent" workaround is to GET the list, look for something
similar (it was UBVMSD), delete it, and LSVPUT it back.  Time consuming,
awkward, and annoying.  In my opinion PMDF is at fault, but we know how
that goes.  Anyone have any good suggestions to get around this mess?