Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 90 14:56:48 +0100
>>> - Does  LISTSERV  (or some  other  facility)  go crazy  figuring  out
>>>   whether  I want  mail  (setting  for domain  address)  or not  (8@8
>>>   address)?
>>Nope, it doesn't worry about it.
>
>This is definitely reassuring! Other than "automagically", I'm of course
>curious as  to how  this seeming  "paradox" is  solved, but  will desist
>asking that question. ;-)

It's  really very  simple: you  are subscribed  twice to  the list,  with
different yet  equivalent addresses.  One of these  addresses is  set for
NOMAIL, the  other isn't, so  you'll get mail  for the one  which doesn't
have NOMAIL.  When LISTSERV sends mail  out, it doesn't worry  whether or
not subscriber #235 might  be the same person as #24, and  which of the 2
entries should inherit the distribution options of the other.

  Eric