Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Dec 1990 01:35:22 +0100
>Assumin you are the listowner, you can send the command HOLD (list-name)
>to suspend  processing. I beleive the  command to resume is  RELEASE (or
>FREE, I can't remember which).
>
>Anyway, if  you are  running vmschedule,  just set up  a vmsched  job to
>issue the free command at say 12:00, and the hold command at 6:00 a.m.

Well the  "official" method is to  stick "Prime= Yes" in  the list header
(and make sure your prime time  definition in LOCAL SYSVARS is what you'd
want it  to be). This avoids  telling people that their  posting is being
held because  the list  is held  and saves bandwidth,  but you  should of
course inform the list of the change.

  Eric