Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:49:36 -0500
At 04:29 PM 2/24/2006 -0500, Ki Song wrote:
>Isn't [log in to unmask] the e-mail address that handles all
>requests for subscription/unsubscription/bounces/etc.

Yes.

>If you say that "this is handled internally", does that mean any e-mail sent
>to the listserv, will be able to handle these requests.

I don't think we are on the same page.  You do not need to do any
configuration of SMTPL because it gets its information on which lists
it is supposed to receive mail for by checking to see which lists
exist on the server.  Therefore you do not need to create any
mailboxes in SMTPL.  That was what I meant when I said "this is
handled internally by SMTPL".

SMTPL is not the problem here.  It is clearly running and it answers
when I connect to it.  The fact that a machine on your local subnet
can't open port 25 on the LISTSERV machine on that same subnet
suggests a local firewall rule problem to me.

Nathan