"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:05:07 -0400
James,

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can keep the list of email addresses
inside a database.  You could use your web service to manipulate the
list using the database.

Melissa Kenny

IIS Administrator
Harvard Medical School IT
107 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Boston, MA 02115

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gartner, James
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Question about programmability (using Web service
from inside listserve or listserv maestro)

Folks,
Do you know if you can program inside the listserv to access a web
service to get lists of email addresses to send to, rather than keeping
the lists inside the listserv itself?
We are going to have a web service to hanlde email addresses for
opt-in/out for various email types, and for particular types that we use
the listserv for, we'd like the listserv to get those addresses from the
web service rather than having them defined inside the listserv itself.

In general, can you write code for custom actions inside the Maestro or
listserv front end tool?
Thanks,
Jim

---------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express
permission.  If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message,
or any attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us
by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its
attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto,
for viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any
computer virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.