Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:30:36 -0500
>Hi
>
>I am new to listserv & have what is probably a basic question:
>
>When you make changes to a list header via the web admin screen you hit the
>"update" button and listserv goes away and does some background
>checks/updating. If there a way to programmatically induce this?
>
>To elaborate, I am writing a Perl script to deal with renaming a list. For
>example, if the list had a web interface, you would create a sub-directory
>for the new listname under the \www\lists directory. Then, go into the web
>admin & configuration & update the header. Listserv then creates the html
>page, followed by the index files.
>
>wa.exe is obviously called to perform the update, but is there a command
>string that you can use to do it, rather than actually submitting a form on
>a web page? Executing it this way would mean no established session id -
>would this be a problem?

You could use TCPGUI as described in chapter 6 of the Developer's
Guide--I believe this is what wa itself uses to communicate with
LISTSERV.  Note that there's some trickiness about doing GET/PUT via
TCPGUI (since TCPGUI only takes single-line commands and GET/PUT are
multiple-line commands); see section 6.4.1 of the Developer's Guide
for information on this.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support