Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:58:21 -0500
>On 12/27/2006 11:06, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>>I've never been a fan of no-archive lists, so it's a blind spot for me.

Our default is to keep archives for two months.  For class related lists, we keep them for four months which covers a semester.  We like to have logs to help diagnose problems. We've started adding a Notebook-Header= Full to provide additional information to track problems.

We run a job every Saturday evening that purges old archive files.  We keep a separate file, read by the Saturday job, that has a list of retention periods.  Some lists we just keep a week.  Others are kept forever.  A few have explicitly asked for no archives at all.
--
When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)