David Alix <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 May 1995 10:45:22 -0700
We are having a problem with the fileserver functions on our list server
(L-Soft 1.8b).  Yesterday, an owner was able to add a file to his server;
an hour later, a second file was rejected with the error message:

  Incorrect password supplied.

Since then, we have not been able to add files to any fileserver; the
postings are all rejected with the  "Incorrect password supplied" note.
The passwords are correct (we are using them to change the header
information).  The command lines we have used are:

  put "filename" "Filetype" PW="password" "listname"

and

  put "filename" "filetype"  "listname" pw="password"

with varied motifs in upper and lower case (just for luck).  We have even
tried stopping and restarting the listserver itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be, or where we
could begin looking?

Thanks.

David Alix
Computer Center, Univ. of Calif., Santa Barbara
Postmaster, ucsbuxa