Brett Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:50:09 -0700
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.  It looks like it
is a memory problem mixed with large archives for a few mailing lists.
I'm working on making the archives smaller.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

Brett Watts

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brett Watts
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Listserv Service Going Off-Line for No Apparent Reason

Hello,

In the last week, our Listserv application has gone off-line (the
service stopped) three times and always at night or on the weekend.
This system has run for years without any problems, including the
various upgrades.

There are no indications of what is going on in the Event Logs of why
the service is stopping.  The only indication that I get that the
Listserv services is off-line is:

1)	 No email from the Listserv system.
2)	The following messages on the top of the screen when I log into
the Listserv Web Interface -
		Error during command authentication.
		Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV
(errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is
probably not started.
Does anyone out there have an idea what could be causing this to happen.
There has been no change to the server.  Thank you in advance for your
help.
Brett Watts
----------
Brett Watts
System Administrator
Information Technology Services
Pomona College
156 E 7th Street
Claremont, CA 91711
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Phone:  (909) 607-4281
Fax:     (909) 621-8060

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.