Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:29:36 -0500
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 12/18/2004 07:33:45 AM:

> I have a problem that persists despite upgrading to LISTSERV 14.3.  I
even
> did a fresh install after first trying an upgrade.  Both the upgrade and

> then the fresh install exhibit the same problem that I previously
described.

> As a reminder, the problem is this:  We maintain public and private
> lists.  The public lists can be viewed in the public archives, at
> http://charitychannel.com/archives.  Yet, at Subscriber's Corner, at
> http://charitychannel.com/collaborate/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3, selecting the
All
> Lists view does not yield a view of any of our public lists.  It will
only
> yield lists to which the subscriber is subscribed, provided the
subscriber
> is logged in.
>
> Now, here's another strange thing:  The following URL brings up a list
of
> all lists on the server, public and private, without one's having to
first
> log-in: http://charitychannel.com/collaborate/wa.exe?REPORT.  The list
of
> lists is not hyperlinked, so that's good -- but should LISTSERV be
> revealing private lists to non-authenticated visitors?

Try logging out to clear the persistant cookie and go to the links above.
I sure hope they change 14.3 to use temporary cookies, but I get the
feeling that didn't happen.  I also hope they changed it to not log
passwords in clear text.  Enough rambling...

I tried all three links above.  The first took me to a list of public
lists and their archives.  The other two wouldn't show me anything because
I was not logged in.