Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Oct 2013 11:07:15 -0400
Use LISTNAME-subscribe-request@LISTHOST as the recipient address in the mailto: link. This should eliminate the need to include the 'SUBscribe' command in the body of the message.

--
Paul Russell
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Brindle [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:51
To: [log in to unmask]

There’s more to it than that.  For one thing, if you are not going to require that the user enter their Firstname Lastname information, you will have to make the LISTSERV command look like

SUB listname ANONYMOUS

Otherwise LISTSERV will reject the subscription attempt and tell you that no name field was specified.

As a workaround, I think you can omit the name field if the list is set to

Default-Options= CONCEAL

but I’ve slept a few times since I last looked at that approach.

Nathan