Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 4 Jul 1986 16:24 SET
  Well, obviously  my LISTSERV could  not support non-BITNET userids,  at least
not when  receiving mail from there...  The semantics seemed different.  I have
upgraded it and it should work now (I think).

  You were right  Niall, FRECP11-type LISTSERVs can be linked  as peers, eg you
include "TEST-L@BITNIC"  in the distribution  list of the FRECP11  LISTSERV and
"TEST-L@FRECP11" in the BITNIC list.  Provided that both are FRECP11 LISTSERVs,
of course...

  Today we got  LISTSERV at CEARN looping  on a rejection mail  from the TAUNOS
mailer. For  some reason  the mailer  sends rejection  mail to  the "Reply-to:"
userid instead  of the  "From:", which it  should not (I  think). And  for some
reason the CEARN-type LISTSERVs  (which seem to be of the  BITNIC stock) do not
transfer rejection mail  to their postmaster, which they should  (mine does, of
course :-) ). This little thing got me about 35 to 40 mail files with a variety
of nrecs  from 22 to  176 (repeated rejection headers  do tend to  lengthen the
mail file, don't they? :-) ). I have heard that the BITNIC LISTSERV indulged in
the same kind of loop, too (on the LIAISON list).

  I have completed the general user memo  and the list-owners one. I think that
I'll soon be able to release the code for testing -- after Rick has successful-
ly managed to issue a command to it (Rick, please send mail to LISTSERV@FRECP11
with "info" as mail text, and tell me what you get back). Just tell me to which
userid I am to send the files.

Cheers,
       Eric