Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:22:57 -0500
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 02:49 PM 12/9/2004, Paul wrote:
>
>>        Confirmation of -request messages: All messages sent to -request
>>        addresses now require confirmation from the sender before being
>>        passed on, reducing the amount of spam sent to list owners.
>>
>>This feature breaks site administrators' automated processes which send
>>messages to -request addresses.
>

>Then disable it. The release notes show how it can be disabled.
>
>-- DCP

The only way to disable the feature is to turn of the spam controls on a
list-by-list basis. I would not want to completely disable spam filters on
all lists, I would simply want to bypass the spam filters messages from a
single local (on the server itself) sender. This feature is enabled by
default for all lists, so  to disable it for all lists would mean manually
updating each and every list header on a server which hosts over 18,000
lists. This is a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" situation. We cannot
upgrade to 14.3 without either making a herculean but misguided effort to
disable the spam filters for all existing lists or breaking all the
automated processes that send notices to -request addresses.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator