Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:06:43 -0400
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, [iso-8859-9] A. Ömer Köker wrote:

> I know ive read section4 but just could not make sense of it.  MySQL is the
> most widely used open source db around and its mostly deployed on Linux.
> Without even going into the preferability of metrics/cost advantages it just
> didn't make sense that MySQL on Linux is not supported.
>
> So I was hoping that there is a way to do it... ?

I've asked for a JDBC interface -- the driver availability is much wider
and it would standardize the program interface to a very large degree (the
same code for Oracle, Informix, DB2, Postgres, MSSQL, Ingres, Sybase,
Paradox, ADABAS, DB2, Foxpro, Domino, Gupta, SQLAnywhere... even MySQL if
you are stuck with it) and would simplify linking the executable in new
releases. That said, integrating Java interfaces with LISTSERV might be no
small task (<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=litotes>).

-- DCP