Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:22:58 -0400
Stanley Horwitz wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Roger D. Parish wrote:
> > >Has anyone else seen this, or have a fix/circumvention?
> >
> > Is this not the appropriate forum for reporting errors in Listserv?
>
> Yes, this is a great formum for that purpose, but make sure that
> the subscribers do not have the SHORTHDR subscription option ...

It isn't a matter of SHORTHDR, there is a "problem" with MIME boundary
splitting.  Different mailers handle it differently, I've put up with
this for quite some time.  Even mail transport has problems - HP-UX
sendmail 8.6.x used to *bounce* these because it caused a problem as it
attempted to locate the boundary (don't ask me why it does this).

The problem is when the string contains a space.  I believe the RFC not
only allows the space, the space can be replaced with "whitespace" which
allows Listserv to legally fold the line at the space.  Many mailers
don't like that.

Jeff