Jean-Michel Thizy <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jul 90 12:41:28 EDT
BALT-L is peered, with a central editor. How can we remove the Comments:
original tag is from BALT-@UKACRL   which gives no practical information.

Can the editor forward the postings to any listserv, or does it have to be
the original one (so as to avail himself of the automatical removal of the
foreword written by listserv and to maintain the original sender)?

Does the routing option of one list to the other, e.g SHORTHDR vs FULLHDR,
matter, or is the routing  BETWEEN listservs stripped anyway?

One listserv is 1.6e.  A manual SET SHORTHDR generates a routing indo code
of N, whereas an automatic default of SHORTHDR generate a blank code. I could
not see any difference in practice. Is there any?

|   Jean-Michel Thizy                         voice: 613 564 5775       |
|   Faculty of Administration                   FAX: 613 564 6518       |
|   136 Jean-Jacques Lussier         ... if BITNET/NetNorth fails try:  |
|   University of Ottawa                        [log in to unmask]      |
|   ONT, K1N 6N5 CANADA              or ...     [log in to unmask]          |