Melody Fleishauer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:14:15 -0500
Thank you for your reply.

I have Listserv sending to a simple SMTP server.  There's no spam filter or
anything on the SMTP server other than the SMTP program itself.

I know the answer but just need to verify that if the SMTP server logs say
it sent the post to this recipient, then the reason for this error is on the
receiving email address.

Thank you again for your help.

Melody

-----Original Message-----
From: Liam Kelly [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 1:22 PM
To: Melody Fleishauer
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Error report assistance please

Given that you're getting the same error text for multiple recipient
domains, it's a good bet that your local SMTP server is what's flagging
the message as spam and bouncing it back to LISTSERV.  I would check
whatever system(s) you're using for your LISTSERV SMTP_FORWARD_* host(s)
and whatever spam filtering is in place there.  You may need to whitelist
your own LISTSERV server and/or look into why your SMTP server considered
the list mail to be spam.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Need LISTSERV or LISTSERV Maestro how-to advice?
Visit the L-Soft Tech Tip Archives at:
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/techtip.asp>