Chris McFerren <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:00:55 -0500
I have two mailing lists.  The first list has 10 topics, one of which is
default/required.  The second list has no topics.  Both lists have
subscribers and by the end of today will have at least one posting.

I want to "combine" the lists so that current and future subscribers to
the first list can select a topic that will deliver the same content
as the second list.  Also, I want current and future subscribers to the
second list to receive the default topic of the first list as well as the
content for the second list.

My current approach involves creating a new topic on the first list,
porting subscribers to the second list over to first list AND subscribing
ONLY them to the new topic (<- This is where I need assistance), then
SETting all subscriber's options to include the default topic (I can do a
global operation here because current subscribers to the first list will
already have been subscribed to the default topic).  There will no longer
be a need for the second list.

I will appreciate any suggestions for porting and changing subscription
settings on ONLY those subscribers.  I am also willing to entertain any
suggestions on alternate approaches or listen to reasons why this is not a
sound approach.

I don't need to fold the archives of the second list into the first list.

Chris McFerren