"A. Ömer Köker" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:20:54 +0300
While ive done some tests on blackbery systems running in turkey (operator),
canada (es) and the netherlands (es).  Messages sent from different
blackberry installs in all these countries to a listserv test list seems to
all have the correct time stamps (also correct in direct emails).   So im
beginning to wonder whether this has to do with the individual blackberry
enterprise server installations.  Once again the problem bb devices should
be investigated for the actual gateway they use to connect.

I also sadly see this thread turning into a big guy/little guy discussion.
Without commenting on whose right and whose just I have to remind you that
the internet was built on protocols and not really standards.  Protocol is
when 2 or more people decide to do something one way and just do it amongst
themselves, others can later join in if they like it or go build their own
protocol (call it NAFTA).  A standard is where everybody agrees on a
specific implementation (call it the WTO or UN).  While there are advantages
to both you have to be carefull for what you wish upon as one will take
years and years to finalize while the other is quick (and at times dirty)
but gets the job done and quite a few times that's all you need.

Best,
Omer.